|V/A - REBIRTH: A New Gothic Revival|
REBIRTH is a collection of 35 new international artists (nearly 2 and a half hours of music) mainly playing Traditional Goth Rock with a touch of new Gothic Coldwave and Deathrock tracks added for good measure. All artists featured have a Post-Punk sound reminiscent of Goth Rock's heyday. With this compilation we want to show the world that Goth is NOT dead and that it's being resurrected globally by a plethora of new artists, as is Post-Punk in general.
In recent years there's been a lot of confusion as to what is goth and what is not so we thought it'd be great to take it back to it's roots as have these artists. It seems there is a strong desire to bring underground genres like this back to its founding influences and that is what many of these artists have done.
Something that sets this apart from the early Goth Rock releases is that you will find most of these artists while maintaining true to the genre's roots have produced much cleaner, crisper sounds using modern equipment while maintaining the same edge of early punk roots often shown in Deathrock especially. What you hear is a much more professional recording while still having that DIY often punk rock feel.
Why do we call this a "New Gothic Revival"? You may ask this question, especially if you are in any of the countries where this music is being played regularly at goth events. However, in the United States most modern 'goth' clubs play mostly EBM and Synthpop with some of the Classic New Wave and Goth Rock thrown in. Unfortunately most American DJs haven't realized that since the early 2000s Post-Punk and Goth Rock have seen a huge resurgence in countries all over the world which took place at the same time as EBM and Power Noise were gaining momentum in the U.S. Thus, mainly for an American audience and any other countries where this music has not been heavily featued, the "New Gothic Revival" refers to Post-Punk, Goth Rock, and Deathrock music created by newer bands that started makinng an appearance since the early 2000s.
Created by TG Mondalf: Venus Aeon
Design: Heru-Set Productions
For this release we have also produced a few REBIRTH Versions which were mixed by Mitia Wexler of WXLR.mx exclusively for this release. We thank the artists for allowing us to take their creations and give them a new studio mix for this release
01. Sounds Like Winter “Impossible Dreams”
02. Der Himmel Über Berlin "Dead Cities"
03. Christine Plays Viola “Murderous Dementia”
04. Crying Vessel "Killing Time"
05. Dark Side Cowboys "I Would Never"
06. Feeding Fingers "Arrive a Leech"
07. Whispers In The Shadow "The Urgency of Now"
08. The Breath Of Life "Crime Passionnel"
09. L'An2000 "Strangers"
10. Amaranth "Streets of Glass"
11. Human "Last Exit Before The Crash" ×
12. Guillotine Dream "Darkling Rooms"
13. Mourning Laughter "Bleeding Velvet"
14. Artica "Hellhead" (REBIRTH Version) ×
15. Instant Lake "Sit Back"
16. Raven Said "Sleepwalker"
17. The Flatfield "Grey City"
18. The Quinsy "Invasion"
19. Neu Zaum "Sunrise That Never Comes"
20. Cliff and Ivy "Fossil Fuel"
21. Subterfuge "Unhinged"
22. 0Kontrol "Ty Vezde" *
23. The Garland Cult "Slip Away"
24. Then Comes Silence "Strangers"
25. The Guests "Highlands" *
26. Amáutica “Alunizaje (Nemesis Remix by Rotten)”
27. Hateful Scarecrows "Parasitic Hell" (REBIRTH Version) Δ×
28. Phantoccini "Amori Amara Sacrum"
29. Godless Procession "You Told Me So"
30. The Spiritual Bat "Killing" (REBIRTH Version) ×
31. New Breed "When The Lights Are Out"
32. Haflingerallergie "Cursed"
33. Kali Yuga "The Cosmology of Decay"
34. The SINS "No Tomorrow"
35. Virgin in Veil "Of Tears and Poisons"
Disc Total Time: 2:20:46
× Exclusive Mix
* Previously Unreleased
Mastered by Philippe Gerber: All Real Sound
(REBIRTH Versions) Mixed by Mitia Wexler: wxlr.mx - Rouen, France
In Loving Memory of:
Voe Saint-Clare (Angels of Liberty) April 18th, 2017 R.I.P.